Thread: What is Adguard Web Filter

What is Adguard Web Filter

I am looking for a bit information about Adguard Web Filter. What is it and how it works. I am not able to figure out whether this is a legit tool or some kind of malware. It is installed on my system through a free software. I did not checked at the time of installation but once it is done I can see it on the screen. It mostly loOk like a antivirus to me. But I am already having Microsoft Security Essentials in my pc. So I do not think this can help much. If it is a legit tool then I will keep it. And if this is some kind of malware then what is the best way to get rid of the same. I can see the removal from Control Panel > Uninstall program.

Re: What is Adguard Web Filter

It is a kind of security software. It is not a malware. But it is mostly dedicated to protect your browser from various type of threats. Like it can simply protect your browser from popups, ads, free toolbars, etc. It is a good tool that can help you to keep your browsing secure. It simply checkout the page loading process and block if there is any kind of redirection in the same. You can keep this if you are having too much issue with the web surfing. It can help you to get a more better web browser experience. Most of the time we visit a few site that simply add a lot of popup on the page. This tool will block them all and give you a smooth output.

Re: What is Adguard Web Filter

I am also using this. This tool comes with an basic interface. It is not a malware and there is no need to worry about the same much. You can turn on the protection and use this to keep your browser secure. It is very helping in blocking the ads. That is very annoying sometime. Most of the toolbars and addons does not work with the same. You can just stop the same through this. You can configure it settings as per your need and use it effectively in blocking many browser based issue. MSE is a good antivirus and it s protection is limited. You can use Adguard Web Filterto keep your browser security more updated.