Thread: How to get rid of Optimum Installer

How to get rid of Optimum Installer

Whenever I am downloading a software then this so called Optimum Installer pops up on my Windows 7 computer. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and have tried to scan the pc to remove this infection but nothing is found on my computer. Now matter how many times I try to download any application then Optimum Installer will take over the installation. So, if anyone knows how to get rid of this malware from my pc once and for all, it would be helpful. Thanks

Re: How to get rid of Optimum Installer

Download a tool called TDSS Killer which is a free software developed by Kaspersky labs that allows you to identify and remove rootkits from various category that anti-virus programs can not remove easily. You can simply try to run this program to get an analysis which will show the dangerous programs appearing in a list. It will be possible to ignore the detected files, or delete or quarantine the identified files. It is advisable to remove only the programs checked in red color and ignore those colored in yellow. After that restart the PC to complete the disinfection.

If the above tool doesnt work then get yourself Adwcleaner. It is a tool to effectively remove unwanted software. The majority of malware installed without your knowledge and not detected by your usual antivirus will be deleted from your Windows PC by using this tool. AdwCleaner is very easy to use because you just need to run a scan to detect and remove any kind of toolbar, adware (advertising program), PUP and it is essential in case of infection of a toolbar or any other type of malware.

I am using HitmanPro to get rid of adwares or malware from my computer. It is a standalone program which looks for unknown and suspicious files and provides a score for each of them using a patent pending technique. Unknown and suspicious files are automatically identified by online identification servers. HitmanPro not only scans your system alphabetically but it scans disk objects in physical order on your disk. This also significantly reduces the use of your hardware resources. Also, many of scanning tasks are performed simultaneously by deploying multi-threaded tasks.