Thread: What does a rootkit virus do

What does a rootkit virus do

I need a bit information about the rootkit virus. What they are and how it works. I had seen my antivirus giving me a warning about the same. But it is not cleaning it. Whenever I start my pc I get the warning. I click on ok to apply action. Like deleting it. But this does not work. The virus remains in the pc. I had seen that Trojan virus are the most dangerous one. They can spoil the entire system performance. I want to know about the rootkit thing. How to remove them. I am scanning my pc continuous. But in that the antivirus is not detecting rootkit. Is there any other tool available that can scan and remove it.

Re: What does a rootkit virus do

It is a malicious software. And it gets activated on it is. Mostly gets activated when you turn on your system. That is on the boot time. It is not very easy for a antivirus to detect rootkits. That is because they are working in your pc before the operating system is working. This type of virus just remain hidden in the files. It can also hide in the processes or in the user account you are using. They are capable of rectifying your data. McAfee gives you a free RootkitRemover software. You can download and run this if your antivirus is not able to clean the pc. Just try this in safe mode and then scan back.

Re: What does a rootkit virus do

McAfee RootkitRemover is a very effective software to get rid of rookits. It is an amazing piece of software that you must keep in your pen drive always. And you must run that in the pc which you think has a virus. It works in dos mode. It will scan your pc and will give you detail if there is any Trojan or if there is any rootkit in your pc. There are many popular antivirus which can offer you a all round protection from the same. You just have to scan your pc with the same and done. Your pc will remain secured. Always keep your firewall on to intercept any incoming or outgoing connection.