Thread: How to find which antivirus will use minimum ram

How to find which antivirus will use minimum ram

There are so man antivirus in the market. And I am not really sure what to use. I am right-now using a free edition of AVG in my pc. And this look to be a lightweight antivirus to me. I want to upgrade that to a better one. It is a free antivirus and it has limitation. I want a efficient one that can provide me a all round protection. I had tried a trail edition of Trend Micro. This simply screwed up my pc. It made my pc work very slow. I removed it. I want to know some tips through which I can locate that which antivirus is light and effective at the same time. It must be able to block virus files from online and offline mode both.

Re: How to find which antivirus will use minimum ram

You can find that by making the list of processes that are run by the antivirus. And that can be found through the Task Manager. I am using Quick Heal AntiVirus Pro from long time. And this one is the best according to me. It is light and offer you a simple way of protecting your pc from various threats and viruses. You have to go for the paid version to get maximum protection. But you can test out the same if you want. I have old pc with 1GB ram on which I am using Quick Heal. It works well and I had not faced any performance issue yet. The system does not freeze or lag from any angle. I think you must try it once.

I am using McAfee Antivirus. I had upgraded to a full edition last year and I am using it till know. I am having a Core 2 Duo system with 2GB ram. I found this as working really well. It does not cause any performance issue at all. It comes with a all around protection. You get protection from various threats once this is installed in your system. Leaving a free antivirus aside you can go with a full edition that can be a bit reliable and also latest. You can download the latest edition and test it in trail mode. Just scan your pc with that and see how effective it is.

ThumbsUp Re: How to find which antivirus will use minimum ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rajminder View Post
    There are so man antivirus in the market. And I am not really sure what to use. I am right-now using a free edition of AVG in my pc. And this look to be a lightweight antivirus to me. I want to upgrade that to a better one. It is a free antivirus and it has limitation. I want a efficient one that can provide me a all round protection. I had tried a trail edition of Trend Micro. This simply screwed up my pc. It made my pc work very slow. I removed it. I want to know some tips through which I can locate that which antivirus is light and effective at the same time. It must be able to block virus files from online and offline mode both.

i had used AVG and it was working fine for me. a friend of mine recommended quickheal. i used the version and liked it and shifted permanently to quickheal. try it using..im sure u will like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Baijayanthi View Post
    You can find that by making the list of processes that are run by the antivirus. And that can be found through the Task Manager. I am using Quick Heal AntiVirus Pro from long time. And this one is the best according to me. It is light and offer you a simple way of protecting your pc from various threats and viruses. You have to go for the paid version to get maximum protection. But you can test out the same if you want. I have old pc with 1GB ram on which I am using Quick Heal. It works well and I had not faced any performance issue yet. The system does not freeze or lag from any angle. I think you must try it once.
    I agree with Baijayanthi. I use Quick heal too. I have an old laptop using the outdated Windows XP and 2GB ram. Yet I must commend that Quick heal is working well, without consuming too much space. And make sure you go in for a paid version of it.