Thread: From where I can find all Firewall rules in Windows 7

From where I can find all Firewall rules in Windows 7

I am trying to find the list of all inbound and outbound rules of Windows 7 Firewall. A number of time we install different programs in the system and this applications create new rules. I am trying to find list of the same. Is there any app which can scan and tell me about the same. I can find the list of the same. I had installed a toolbar that added a few free pc optimizing application and this are having malware in them. I am trying to find out what kind of rules they had created in my system. But it is very hard to find the same. I went inside the Firewall of Windows 7, that is inside control panel, but there is nothing in it.

Re: From where I can find all Firewall rules in Windows 7

There is no application that can scan and tell you what rules in Firewall are created or deleted. You have to find the manually. I am quiet sure Windows 7 might have some thing inside Control Panel. I had seen this before. A Windows Firewall with Advance Security box shows you the list of all rules. But I do not really remember how you can turn that thing on. I did this when I was having some problem with lan gaming. I created a manual rule for the same as my firewall was not allowing me at all. Try to searching control panel for the advance security box. You will surely find it there.

Re: From where I can find all Firewall rules in Windows 7

Go in Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall. And there at the left side you can find a option as Advance Security. Click on that. And you will see that Windows Firewall with Advance Security box. At the left you can see Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules. You can click on them to view the full list. You modify a rule or you can delete it just by right clicking on the same. It is good if you should learn about this before doing. Because it can make a few applicable unstable to work. So always remember what all changed you had done.