Thread: How to allow a ftp server application through Windows 7 Firewall

How to allow a ftp server application through Windows 7 Firewall

I want some help to allow a ftp server application through windows 7 firewall. When I try to connect I am getting a error and it fails to work. I want some help through which I can allow the application but it is not working. I had tried looking around in different settings of Control Panel in Windows 7 but I cannot locate anything. I hope there will be some way to do that. Is there a third party software through which I can do this. Like a Firewall exception list editing program. I am also using Norton in my pc. Will I have to allow from both.

Re: How to allow a ftp server application through Windows 7 Firewall

Yes. There is one thing you can do. You can try turning of Windows Firewall if you are already having Norton in your pc. Most of the antivirus comes with a Firewall in it. So you do not need multiple Firewalls in the pc. And then you can go in the settings in Norton where you can try locating a Exclusion list. All you have to do is add the application in the list and done. Then it will not get blocked by the antivirus or with its firewall. A single firewall is enough to keep your system secure from various online threats.

Re: How to allow a ftp server application through Windows 7 Firewall

You dont really have to disable that. It is simple to add the application in the exception list in Windows 7. There are few simple settings you have to try out for the same. For that you have to simply go in Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall. At the left side you have to click on Allow a program or feature through windows firewall. A box appear. Scroll down to find the program you want to allow. If you are unable to locate the same then click on Allow another program and another popup box appear. Just choose from that and done.