Thread: Unable to share my pen drive movies through dlink router

Unable to share my pen drive movies through dlink router

In my Dlink router there is a usb support available. I am am trying to share all my movies through that. But the same is not working. I had connected the pen drive and it looks to be working. I had seen this settings before in a office router where you can share a storage of external hard drive through the same. A folder appear in the lan network from where you can just double click and start any file. It allow allows to download the file in any device through wifi. But in my router it is not working. I had tried checking the manual there is nothing mentioned about the pen drive.

Re: Unable to share my pen drive movies through dlink router

You might be putting the pen drive in the wrong port. The usb port that you are having in your router is for 3G dongles. It is not for the sharing the usb space and streaming content over it. You can find the details about the same in the router specification. Many routers today comes with that feature where you can connect a usb dongle to the same for internet sharing. And if it is for sharing a external device then it will be mentioned clearly. Check in the router admin page of you can see any section for external storage.

Re: Unable to share my pen drive movies through dlink router

It is possible to create a media server kind of thing for sharing movies commonly between different devices. If you are having wifi in your home then
    this thing is possible. You just have to copy all the movies in a pc and share that folder on wifi. Next thing you have to do is use various application to access those files. In android you can go with ES File Explorer. It allow you to share all the files directly through wifi and it works quiet fast also. You can convert your pc to a media server through many third party program.