Thread: Is swt-win32-3740.dll file virus?

Is swt-win32-3740.dll file virus?

I have a question about this file which I am not quite sure about it. I was thinking whether there is a folder caled .swt made in my computers user folder after downloading or installing some games or something else? I have just seen this in user folder, so I was wondering if anyone is familiar about it? Inside the folder there is file called swt-win32-3740.dll and after searching for some information on this file I didnt get any good answer. So, if anyone knows whether this file is safe or not then please let me know. Thanks

Re: Is swt-win32-3740.dll file virus?

It is nothing but a Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) which is an open source widget toolkit for Java designed to provide efficient, portable access to the user-interface facilities of the operating systems on which it is implemented. The Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) is a new class library for creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in Java. You can get this similar information on many website. So, there is no need to be worried about this file and it is safe to keep it in your computer.

Even in my pc this file just recently started to appear and I dont even have anything installed in my pc for quite some time except for something from my motherboard manufacturer's website and it should not be from there as well. Also, I am continuously experiencing increased ping and lag with most of the game that I play online. Also, the games are taking upto 90% of CPU usage and also 1.5GB memory usage as well. I am not sure if this file has anything to do with this.

As from what I have read so far, this swt-win32-3740.dll file has been made as part of the Eclipse prject and SWT allows developers to build efficient, portable programs that can directly access the user interface facilities of the operating systems it is implemented on. Because of this awesome technology, it makes it possible to make Java based applications that are not different from a platforms native applications. This file is not to be considered as a malware.