Thread: Which are the best encryption software other than TrueCrypt

Which are the best encryption software other than TrueCrypt

I am looking for a list of some good encryption tool. I do not want to go for TrueCrypt. I want something that can be a lot more better and easy to use. I had tried finding out few software on web where I found a solution by Symantec. I had not yet decided to use it. I want to make a list and then I will try to find the comparison which one is good, easy to use and has fast encryption solution. I need something that can encrypt the drive quickly. Some tool take really long time to do the same.

Re: Which are the best encryption software other than TrueCrypt

If you do not want to spend money on the buying a encryption software then according to me Windows encryption tool is the best one. You will get BitLocker in Windows itself. Checkout the version before buying. Because it might not be available on all Windwos edition. Bitlocker is windows tool that can help you to encrypt your disk and protect your data from unwanted usage. It is easy to use and can be unlocked easily. I had never tested this but I found my friend at office using the same.

Re: Which are the best encryption software other than TrueCrypt

I think you can go for Symantec Drive Encryption. It is a reliable enterprise solution to encrypt your files and it is very hard for others to access your files. Symantec Drive Encryption is good for small and mid size business and I am quiet sure it will provide you good features. You can buy stuff on the basis of your need. I had found performance issue with Bitlocker. It is slow and takes time. It depends on the size of your data you want to encrypt. It will also take time to decrypt the data back again to normal mode.