Thread: Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Vista

Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Vista

I am having some issue with Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Vista. I am trying to install this but it is not working. I want to remove this and install Bitdefender but the same failed to work. I cannot figure out how to make this thing work. It keeps on failing constantly. I want some help for fixing the problem. I tried looking for the solution web, but cant find anything. All says to update windows. My Windows is already upto date. I am not able to figure out what to do here to resolve the problem.

Re: Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Vista

It can be due to various other problem. Your windows might not be stable due to which you are getting the problem. You have to run system restore for the same which I think is enough to resolve the issue. System restore will put the old settings back in your pc and it will help you a lot in fixing various bugs in your pc. It is a common thing in windows. IF that does not work then there is no need to remove mse. Just install the antivirus you want and done. You can use both.

Using both is not a issue. But I facing errors with MSE. It is not giving the kind of output I am looking for and I think it is also slowing down my pc. A number of time when I try to update the same it gives me error about failed update. My internet is working really fine here. But the update is crashing. If this works well I am ready to use it, I am quiet irritated with the errors on every boot. That is why I want to remove it. I am going to install Bitdefender with it and hope that the errors would stop.

The errors are not going going to stop on their own. You have to find first which thing in your pc is causing the problem. For that you have to go in Event Viewer. There you can find the list of errors and files which are associated with the same. You can click on the same and find full error code with description. When you copy paste the error error on web you can find ample of solutions that you are looking for and I am quiet sure that is going to help you a lot in fixing the problem. Just try the same.

System restore is the most common solution and most of the time it works. But if it fails to work then there are few others thing you can do. You can try running system file checker software which is going to help you more. System file checker is a tiny utility in windows that can be run through cmd. Just boot your system in safe mode. Launch cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Let the scan run. At the end you can get a report about damage system files. Most of the time SFC automatically fixes the issues.

If the issue continuous then I think the only problem left is to format your pc and install windows back again. There is nothing else you can do. Always keep a backup of your files so that it can work well. Backup helps you a lot. In case of system failure you dont have to worry about your files. You can directly format or restore your pc through a full recovery process. And you can get back your original settings. Use the windows installation disc to install windows again and update the drivers.