Thread: What is BrowserChoice in Windows 8

What is BrowserChoice in Windows 8

I am getting a BrowserChoice popup on my Windows 8 system. I am not sure what is this thing but it started appearing after an update. I hope this is not some kind of malware. I scanned my system but it catches nothing. What should I do. Is there a way to remove this thing. I am using Internet Explorer as the only browser in the pc then why does this update appear on the screen. I am quiet sure this is some kind of threat. It is weird that it just started appearing on the screen after windows update.

Re: What is BrowserChoice in Windows 8

No it is not a malware. It is provided by Microsoft. You can find a lot more detailed information on the same on the official site. Once it is downloaded on your system you have to choose Internet Explorer from the same. Just click on ok and follow the next screen. This wll also help you to install a few additional browser in your system if you want. You can click on ok and done it will be disappear and will not occur again. It is a simple tool for providing you different browser choices.

Re: What is BrowserChoice in Windows 8

You can close it if you do not want to choose any browser. This is relatively simple thing to go for. And it is my Microsoft so there is nothing to worry much. I had got this popup on the screen so I skipped the same. And it has gone now. You can skip that if you want and it will not appear. It is some agreement between Microsoft and European Commission. This means Microsoft has to tell their users that there are more browser available that they can use other than Internet Explorer.