Thread: How to modify the settings of Windows Server Update Service

How to modify the settings of Windows Server Update Service

I am going to first time configure Windows Server Update Service on my network. I am just following the plain settings on the screen and I am quiet sure that this might work well. But I want to know what more I can do in this. I am not able to find any additional steps. I am using a manual that showed me minimum configuration and I am quiet sure that this is more than enough. I need advice from some experts who can help me to use it more effectively and also fixing if there is any error in future.

Re: How to modify the settings of Windows Server Update Service

Windows Server Update Service is a good way to keep all your clients and servers updated. It comes pre-installed by default in Windows Server 2012 R2. The truth is that it does not has any great changes and also there are very less issues with the service. For configuring the sames you have to go in Server Manager and in that you have to click on Manage. Then choose Add Features and add Windows Server Updates Services as server role. That's it. The service is configured and you can use it as per your need.

Re: How to modify the settings of Windows Server Update Service

I am using this and I also think there is nothing much to show you. Once you are done with the installation you can do very less configuration. There is a ready to use wizard that manages your work automatically. In the wizard you can choose to download updates directly from Microsoft. And if there is any another WSUS server then you can select that also. You have to configure that properly so that you wont face any issue later in future. The configuration part here is important.