Thread: It is possible that cookies can spread malware in android

It is possible that cookies can spread malware in android

I want a bit information about cookies. Can they cause security issues. I am quiet worried about the same. I had seen that there are lots of security issue on android platform. There are almost so many issue and this new cookie things a lot more complicated for me. I am using a ESET antivirus in the phone. I hope this is enough to protect my device. I am downloading a lot of files from the web. I get many blog-spot and I had seen most of them are redirecting me to different sites. Is there way to block cookies from this site.

Re: It is possible that cookies can spread malware in android

Well you can clear them manually but you cannot block them. Many website use cookies to identify your visits. And sometime this is also used by sites to insert redirection code. All cookies are not safe. If you get a pop-up window on your screen then it means it is a use of cookies. And it is not recommended to accept all of them. Even if you get any welcome message. It is common in pc and mobile both. And this makes web browser very complicated. Atleast in pc we have option to use safe browsing.

The first thing you have to do is find whether what kind of cookies are good and what are bad. There is a huge discussion on the same and there is no appropriate answer. Because cookies are one of the most common thing on web. You have to first learn why it is used and then you might have a option to protect your device. It is not possible to surf web if you are not having any cookies in your device. This are installed automatically. It is an important element for surfing the web. And it is almost used by all site.

It is correct that today web browsing would not be possible without it. You can check the browser settings for that. You can delete all cookies once you are done with surfing. Once they are deleted they are not active. And next time when you visit a site those will be added once again. It also happens sometime that the browser is not having data of your past searches. And this is all due to cookies clearance. Keeping a good antivirus in the device will be enough to keep your system protected.

In simple words cookies are like a passport that allow you to open a site or you can simply enter a online service. Without that you cant access them easily. If you block the installation of cookies then it will be hard for you to use sites like Google, Facebook, etc. So this are needed. You cannot permanently stop them. It is good to visit only those sites which are trusted. If you are trying to download free apks then this sites can cause malware issue in your device.