Thread: Should I go for Wifi signal amplifiers or a new Wifi router

Should I go for Wifi signal amplifiers or a new Wifi router

I am expanding my office. And it is not always easy to have a good wifi signal. The router is installed at the corner. I get the best speed as I am near but other complain about the same. I want to know the factors on this wifi range of home or office depends. I am not able to find the factors here so that I can decide what is best to go for. A new router or a Wifi single amplifier. I can see wifi range extenders on the web which I do not think can help much. What is needed to get good signal when the office is long or there are thick walls and metal objects.

Re: Should I go for Wifi signal amplifiers or a new Wifi router

Wifi signal amplifier are similar to wifi range extenders. Those who own office or homes with large distances can go for this. There is no need to go for a new router. Here you can set the amplifier between a single or multiple point. And then you can connect the same to your router. You will get a good speed and more wider connectivity. Which is not possible in the router. You have to place the router in the center of the home or office to get a long and stable output.

In large areas the best solution may be a wifi signal enhancer. I will also not recommend you to go for the router as it can be costly. Here it is a suitable idea for for domestic use. But if comes to very large open offices or homes then you have to go with some other hardware. The signal gets weak as you move far from the router. The issue mostly lies with the walls as they are thick and there can be many objects also. Buying a signal booster will extend the limit to more and will give you smooth connectivity.

It is ideal for big space. Like if you are having 4 to 5 room and you want internet at every corner. Wifi amplifiers should not be confused with repeaters or extenders. They are a different device. It will allow the wifi single to reach at higher place. The amplifiers are actually modified antennas to receive the signal from the router and then transmit the same. Your device can easily catch that due to large coverage. You do not have to worry about the router placement here. Because it works from any corner.

Compare a wifi extender a signal boost is a broader term and it is actually used in commercial premises. You must know some technical knowledge to use this or else it will be a waste of investment. The device ha a long antennae that brings or can be attached to your default router. Sometime it is separate. You have a option here to increase the signal more. But today you can find a few good routers that comes with 2.5 or 5Ghz or dual frequency. It gives you a bigger coverage location.