Thread: Does Windows 8.1 has some tool that can tell my pc has a virus

Does Windows 8.1 has some tool that can tell my pc has a virus

I have a antivirus in my pc. And I had updated to Windows 8.1 recently. The only thing I know that if your pc gets slow then ti means it has a virus in it. I want to does that Does Windows 8.1 has any tool in it that can tell that my pc has a virus or spyware or some kind of suspicious file on the same. I want some help to find the same. I am using the latest version of MSE. It does not catch anything. I find my output data packets are high. I do not upload anything. Still it is 50mbs continues.

Re: Does Windows 8.1 has some tool that can tell my pc has a virus

There is no tool like that. The virus can be identified by antivirus only. It can give you a popup of some kind of warning that your system has a virus in it. And then you can clean the same. To keep your system secure you have to use a good internet security pack. That is only going to help. There is no indicator type of tool that can tell that your pc has a hidden spyware or malware. If you find any new toolbars or links in the browser them it means it is not a safe site to go for. If your home page is change then it means there is some malware.

Re: Does Windows 8.1 has some tool that can tell my pc has a virus

You can notice that on your own. There is no need to use any third party software or look for any internal tool. The best way to find is type anything in the web browser. If you are redirected to any specific website then it means there is a malware in your system. You can start scanning your pc in safe mode. That will help a lot. This malware will add a lot of pop-up ads on your desktop and it will start working whenever you are connected to the Internet.