Thread: getting rid of Playtopus

getting rid of Playtopus

I was downloading some free stuffs off the internet and suddenly catched up this adware named Playtopus. Now it has been several days since I am trying to uninstall it but this malware is still popping up on my computer every now and then. I have run a full scan in the Microsoft Security Essentials many times but still to no avail. I have done a Clean Boot process as well, but still that doesnt work. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: getting rid of Playtopus

So, you mean to say that you are getting a pop up message of Playtopus on your computer which cannot be removed? I would suggest you some steps to delete this adware from your computer. First open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and then search for Playtopus processes and right click to end them. After that click on Start menu and then click on the Search programs and files box and then search for and delete all the files created by Playtopus. Now, try to open the Registry Editor by going to Start menu and then type Regedit in the box and click ok. After Registry Editor opens, search and delete all the Playtopus registry entries.

Download a software called Junkware Removal Tool which is a program for cleaning a computer. It mainly attacks the toolbars which are embedded in the browsers, the software responsible for issuing annoying commercials (like adware) and, more generally, the overall classified PUP software (Potentialy Unwanted Program) including Crapwares (rogue software such as fake antivirus, fake Windows cleaners, registry, etc). The best part is that you dont have to install it in your pc, just have to run the exe file.

Another great tool called AdwCleaner seeks out and removes adware in your web browser, toolbar, potentially unwanted programs (PUP) and the hijacker-utility from your computer. With AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for quiet work on your computer and on the Internet. The application is characterized by small size and ease of use. AdwCleaner can run completely from any storage medium, including portable, since the program does not require installation. Once launched, the utility automatically checks for traces of unwanted components or remnants of previous installations to be cleaned.