Thread: removing Sweet packs from my pc

removing Sweet packs from my pc

I dont know how this Sweet packs search and toolbar got installed on my firefox browser. I have tried everything to remove it from the browser but after a restart it will again come back. I had gone in the Windows Control Panel as well and have removed Sweet packs from there but still to no avail. Whenever I start my browser no matter how many times I use the option to show blank page, it will redirect me to some other webpages? Is there anyone who can tell me how to remove this virus? Thanks

Re: removing Sweet packs from my pc

Can you try to install the Search Reset Addon in your firefox browser. It is a free addon that you can search from the extension in Firefox browser. This software will be able to revert the most common customizations those adware programs do in firefox back to the default. You can even go to this link and download it in your browser - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/. After that go to Control Panel and then remove all the toolbars or potentially wanted software again.

You can try to get a tool called Adwcleaner to get rid of this problem. It is a great tool, free, fast, reliable, written by Xplode, to help identify and eradicate numerous malicious software hidden in your computer. AdwCleaner eliminates toolbars embedded in your web browsers. They serve no purpose except to practice tracking of your every move to third parties who monitor all your activity. It is a free software and you can easily download it by searching on the internet.

If the above fixes doesnt work then try to first of all uninstall it by going to the Contol Panel. After that go to its installation directory like C:/programfiles/sweetim and then delete all the files from there. Also, you will need to delete it from the registry entry as well. Or else, download another software called Hitman Pro which is an anti-spyware that includes automatic simultaneous use of multiple anti-spyware known as Spybot - Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft.