Thread: Norton is horrid!

Norton is horrid!

Hi guys,

I have a windows 8 OS on my laptop and use Norton antivirus. And I must say by far its the worst I have used. Its so slow and heavy and quarantines all my imp files. I need to change it asap! Can you guys suggest something? I have read about kaspersky, quick heal etc but confused. Please help as to which av is most suitable.

Re: Norton is horrid!

This is a known problem that Norton is asking Microsoft to solve this issue. In the meanwhile you can try to use the Microsoft Security Essentials that can be downloaded for free from Microsoft. Also try to do a Clean boot in your Windows 8 system to see if other things are making your pc slow, follow the link here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Thanks James for the suggestion. I have heard MSE is pulling back sometime next year. Is it true? If so, then in that case which other anticirus would you suggest? How about the other ones I have mentioned. Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by qqamresh View Post
    Thanks James for the suggestion. I have heard MSE is pulling back sometime next year. Is it true? If so, then in that case which other anticirus would you suggest? How about the other ones I have mentioned. Are they any good?
    Microsoft has also stopped providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP. If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you'll continue to receive antimalware signature updates for a limited time. More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...d-support-help

So, MSE is not going to end its support on Windows 8 pc very soon.