Thread: Constantly getting could not connect to server error on Filezilla

Constantly getting could not connect to server error on Filezilla

When I use my login details on cpanel in web browser then it works. But when I am using the ftp details it fails to work. I am quiet sure there is some issue with Filezilla. It is not taking my password at all. It is giving me a connection time out error. I had tried this several time. It takes a very long time to connect. I am just annoyed with this. I am not able to figure out what thing is causing the problem. I hope there can be some way through which we can fix the time. How to fix this connection time out error.

Re: Constantly getting could not connect to server error on Filezilla

The first thing you have to do is make sure that the ftp server login details are right. Filezilla works well if you are having the right login stuff. You can get the detail from cpanel. You can do one more thing. You can try using the ftp configuration file that is available in cpanel. Go to the ftp account section and from there download the ftp configuration file for Filezilla. Import that in the software directly and add your password. IF this fails then change your password and try one again. It will start working.

Yes check your server details first. The reason can be wrong password. You can find the entire details from cpanel. Even after you import the ftp configuration file in the software it is going to ask you for the password. And if that is wrong you wont be able to login. If this does not work then you can try using some other tool. There can be some issue with Filezilla. FlashFXP is also a great tool for ftp usage. It is very much similar to Filezilla. You will not find any issue in using the same. Try a free edition of the same.

The issue can be with your firewall or with your security application. The FTP tools needs a port to communicate to server and if all the ports are closed the connectivity will fail. I am quiet sure there can be some security tool in your pc which is blocking the connection. For that turn off your firewall or antivirus for temporary period and then try to connect back again. I am quit sure it will work. You have to add the software under the exclusion list of Firewall which will work.

Go in cpanel and try to create a new account and use that for the connection. I am quit sure that will start working. There might be some kind of limitation for the account you are trying to connect. Just create a new account and a password. And then try to connect the same. I am quiet sure this will start working. You have to use a simple password here that you can type easily. Turning off firewall is a good solution. I am quiet sure this will help you in establishing a connection.

I am using FireFTP. It is a simple too to connect to the server and from there you can manage your work. It is essential that you must try to check what port you are using. And if you are not aware then yo have to look in the cpanel. By default most of the connection works on port 21. And if you are having something else then you have to change that. You can type the same manually and test it. Just try FireFTP and use the login details you have. Try to connect to the server through this and check. I am quiet sure it will work.