Thread: Firewall option stopped working Windows 8

Firewall option stopped working Windows 8

The firewall suddenly stopped working on Windows 8. I keep on facing new problem on my system. And all this started happening after I installed a few free games from torrent. I am unable to figure out why I am getting all those errors. I had run system restore and that also failed. I am quiet sure there is some problem in my pc. I got a notification on the system tray about system security where I found that the firewall has stopped. There is a error in MSE also. I thought system restore will be much more easier but it failed.

Re: Firewall option stopped working Windows 8

It looks like your pc is entirely infected with virus and to fix that the only option left is to format your pc and install all stuff back again from scratch. Try to take your data backup first. Once you are done with that you can use windows disc for fresh installation. That would be a lot more simpler way. You can run a clean setup and once you are done with that install a good antivirus. Instead of using MSE you can use some other one like AVG or AVIRA. This are some nice antivirus programs.

Hi,

1. What happens when you enter safe mode?
    2. Do you receive error 0x8007042c?

Firewall is only turned off when you have some third party security programs in your system. This third party program will come with its own firewall. And it will turn off windows firewall. At a time only one firewall software can work. So if you already have a antivirus in your pc then you can ignore this thing. But if you are using MSE then it is essential to turn this thing on. You can try to run system restore which will help you fixing various windows problem. After that try to turn on the firewall.

Sometime due to too many virus and software issue this kind of problems appear. It is not very easy to fix if the firewall and antivirus failed to work. This simply means major system files in your pc are damage and you can fix then by re-installing everything back again. That is the only way left. So start with taking full data backup of your system first. Once you are done with the backup stuff you can then go ahead with formatting and I am quiet sure that will be more than enough to fix the problem.

Try to add a good antivirus and I am quiet sure that will be enough to fix the issue. You can find ample of free antivirus on the same. I am using Comodo. It has a simple ui and is good in catching virus. Just install this and scan your pc with that. If you think the antivirus is not helping out much then you can try something else. Try to scan your system under safe mode which is the easiest way to resolve the issue. If there are virus then they can be removed after updating the same.

I am using Bit defender. I was having a lot issue before related to virus. I have a photo studio and there are many people who bring their pen drives with photos. My system gets quiet easy infected with virus. Later on I installed a single pc version of bit-defender and the system is working well. I am quite sure this antivirus is good enough to deal with so various security problem. You must always keep things updated. There are separate firewall software also available which you can use in place of windows firewall.