Thread: Winzip crashing while running game setup directly from lan

Winzip crashing while running game setup directly from lan

I have a few games copied on a pc on the lan network. It is shared and accessible to everyone. Most of the games are in iso format. I open them in winzip and double click on the setup.exe file to install it. The game extraction starts working. But this crash after 60%. It is not moving ahead. I had done this already. I always run the setup directly from the lan network as it saves time to copy files in my pc which s already having low disk space issue. I hope this is not the winrar fault.

Re: Winzip crashing while running game setup directly from lan

It can be. You can try re-installing the same first. That would help. But if this crash still then you have to update your network drivers. Most of the time outdated drivers are the cause of various problem in your system. And by updating the drivers you make them more stable. You can find the drivers on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just get the drivers and run the setup. This will help you in fixing the issue. And then try back. You can try some other compression utility if winzip crash again.

Re: Winzip crashing while running game setup directly from lan

The best way is to copy those files on your pc first and then extract them in a folder. Then run the setup. This will not crash and works. It is a slow process but it is the only effective one. Because here the setup files are on your pc and the installation will be faster compare to what you are trying to do. Changing the archiving utility is not going to help you much. You can also use a pen drive for the same. You can copy those files in a usb drive and then install the same and the setup will be much faster.