Thread: How to get rid of pragma Trojan virus from windows 7

How to get rid of pragma Trojan virus from windows 7

I am having a virus notification constantly on avg. This is related to some pragma. That is the information only I have. I had not updated my avg from long time. I was not using the pc I was out. Later on I switched it on and transferred a few photos from the pen drive which result in this new kind of infection. I found the name on web by searching through errors I am getting. And this virus is just slowing down my pc. I want a bit help here to get rid of the problem. Is there anyone who can help me to fix the issue.

Re: How to get rid of pragma Trojan virus from windows 7

Update your antivirus first. And then scan the system in safe mode. I am quiet sure that will be enough to deal with the virus. There is no manual way of removing the same. You have to scan your pc with a good antivirus to get rid of the infection. You can find ample of good antivirus on the web. Like you can down a Symantec edition trail and scan your pc with that. You can also use a bootable antivirus which will also be enough to fix the issue. Just try to run a full system scan which will help you in fixing the issue.

To remove the virus you have to find the applications or services which are linked with the virus. Like some kind of software or toolbar or plugin. And to find that you have to scan your pc with a good antivirus. You can also use hijackthis. This tool will scan and generate a list of all programs and services in your system. You can then on that basis troubleshoot your pc. You can remove those things which are suspicious. Boot your pc in safe mode and scan through the same. I am quiet sure this will help.

It is a Trojan virus and you cannot get rid of the same. It will be complicated for you to deal with it. You must use a good antivirus and if nothing works then you have to format your pc. That would be the latest option. Backup your pc data first. And then go ahead with scanning. You must backup your data first before doing anything. Because if your system failed to boot then you will loose all your data. So backup things first then go ahead with scanning stuff. I do not think you can get rid of the same through manual way.

Yes you are right about that. You cannot remove the virus manually. You need a good antivirus program. You can do one thing. Just download a bootable antivirus scanner. You have to burn that on a dvd and then scan your pc with that. It will very effective to regular scan. You can also do the same thing through a pen drive also. This kind of virus also accuse problem with the existing antivirus update. That is why they are not able to identify the same. You can simply scan through a dvd or through usb to get more better result.

I got that virus detected in avast. But it is not removed. It remained in my pc. The antivirus just keep popping up the infection. And this thing continued for the entire week. It is very complicated to get rid of such virus. Later on I installed a free trail of Norton and scanned my pc. The antivirus worked really nicely and cleaned my system. I have to scan my pc a number of time under safe mode. So if your existing antivirus is not working try something else.