Thread: How to analyze data packets through wireshark

How to analyze data packets through wireshark

I am trying to find out a way through which I can analyze data packet through wireshark. I am having a bit issue with my bandwidth. The ISP says internet is working well from his end. But from my end I found error with the same. I am not able to surf pages. There is a yellow exclamation mark on the network icon. I tried to restart my router a number of time but it is not helping much. I hope there can be some way through we can get rid of the issue can cable stable connection.

Re: How to analyze data packets through wireshark

Wireshark is bit complicated to understand. It is a good tool and it works independently on a single pc. You don't really need a server for that. Here you have to check your switch. I am quiet sure there can be some kind of connectivity issue or the switch is not proper. You can try replacing the lan port of pc from one hub to another and then check back. That will give you a more clear view of this issue. You can try doing that a number of time and I am quiet sure it will work. Just test the same.

Re: How to analyze data packets through wireshark

Try updating your router firmware if available. You can find the same on the official site of router manufacturer. New firmware brings more stability and a good performance. Your network will start working well. I am quiet sure if this does not help then the issue ca be with the cabling or with the switch. You can try using different network cables and test the internet connection. If things are stable then it means the cable is faulty. Connect a pc directly with the router and test the speed.