Thread: th.v9.com hijacker, help to remove it

th.v9.com hijacker, help to remove it

Recently I was trying to download a software and all of a sudden this V9 website managed to install in my computer. Now, whenever I am opening any internet browser the V9 homepage comes up instead of my custom homepage? I have already uninstalled the V9 program from my pc but still it shows up in the browser area. Can anyone tell me how do I get rid of this malware once and for all? Thanks

Re: th.v9.com hijacker, help to remove it

Even I had this same issue on my brothers laptop. The problem is that the shortcut of Internet Explorer you are using has the V9 website in it. So, what you need to do is right click on the shotcut and then go to Properties and then click the shortcut tab. After that, in the target box, you will notice a text written as "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe". Make sure that nothing is written after this text. If there is anything written then you should remove that immediately because due to this the homepage was showing up all the time.

After following the above procedure you should also try to run anti-malware tools such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM). It is an anti-malware software that is responsible for eradicating the various malware that can infect your computer within Windows. The program offers two types of analysis: a quick scan that tries to quickly detect the presence of more conventional threats and a thorough scan which will analyze your pc in depth. Once the analysis is complete, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware generates a complete report on all infections found. It is then possible to remove the infections or quarantine infected items.

Another tool that you can try is Adwcleaner. It is powerful tool that allows you to remove the computer from spyware, adware and other malware. AdwCleaner is a simple executable program that does not require an installation also. This leads to an advantage which is what the program can always be brought back with it, maybe on a USB stick. An optimal solution especially for networking professionals who may have always at hand a tool to clean up the computers. On some versions of Windows, running AdwCleaner requires administrator privileges.