Thread: Svchost.exe CPU Usage goes to 100% when connected to internet

Svchost.exe CPU Usage goes to 100% when connected to internet

Whenever I turn on my internet connection the cpu usage goes to 100%. I am using a usb dongle. And when I connect that to my pc I had noticed that a single file svchost.exe consume the maximum ram. I am not able to resolve this issue. The system is also working really slow. In normal mode when the internet is not connecting things are working fine. I can also play games. But when I connect, the system gets slow. It takes long time to open a browser. I want to fix this problem. I have lots of project work to do.

Re: Svchost.exe CPU Usage goes to 100% when connected to internet

Remove any recently installed applications from your system. You can find that in Control panel > uninstall program. Just go in that and remove all those things which you are not using. And then reboot your pc. Then try back. If the issue still exist then your system is having a virus issue. You have to scan your system with a good antivirus in safe mode. I am quiet sure that will detect and clean the file. Update your antivirus and then scan it. And then try back. Removing the application will speed up your system more.

It looks some services is trying to access your net connection. This is done through malware. I had gone with the issue on my pc some weeks ago. Whenever I connect my laptop on wifi the cpu usage goes to 100%. It was due to a virus which was bitcoin miner. It is good if you can backup your data and format your pc. That is necessary. Because anyhow even if you try to scan the virus might not go. Just format and install everything back again from scratch. That is the permanent solution.

SVhost.exe is not associated to one application. It is works in association with different software in your pc. Even if you try to terminate it your system can fail to work properly. So it is right that you must format your pc. It is a virus problem. If you do not want to format then you can try using a bootable antivirus. There are ample of free iso on the web. Just download a burn a disc out of it and scan your system with that. This will be quiet enough to fix the problem.

You can find out which applications are eating too much ram/cpu in detail through a process explorer. This is a nice portable tool which is free to use and is nice tool. It generate a detailed information about the activities that will be working in the background. You can find the full location of the same. And through that you can get rid of program which are not required. Like I was having the same issue with a free antivirus tool. It was a fake tool. I removed it instantly before it take any additional updates and screw up my system.

Try to boot your system in safe mode and then check back. I am quiet sure that will be more helpful. In safe mode most of the background services are not working. At that time you can go in control panel and remove things which are not needed. There are chances if a program which is linked with the infection can get removed one the program is uninstalled. If that does not help then keep the formatting as last option. Even repair setup is not going to help because that will not remove the program.