Thread: get rid of feed.helperbar.com browser hijacker

get rid of feed.helperbar.com browser hijacker

I was installing a free software and also installed something from feed.helperbar.com as part of the package by mistake and now all my internet browsers are getting redirected to the same website. I have already tried everything to get rid of it, like manual files deletion to scanning only but nothing seems to be working for me. If anyone knows a way how to remove this browser hijacker then please let me know asap. Thanks

Re: get rid of feed.helperbar.com browser hijacker

To get rid of the feed.helperbar.com browser hijacker, you need to go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program and then scroll down the list of currently installed programs and uninstall the Muvic Smartbar. Also remove any recently installed unknown softwares from the list. After that download and install an application called Revo Uninstaller to remove the remains of the Feed.Helperbar.com program from your computer. Now restart your computer to take effect and then check if everything is fine.

You can also download a tool called AdwCleaner created by Xplode which aims to remove adware (advertising programs), PUP/LPIS toolbars (toolbars installed to the browser) and the hijackers (diversion of the start page of the browser). AdwCleaner can remove many unwanted programs such as Delta Search, Qvo6, Hola Search, Yontoo, searchqu Iminent, Snap.do and many more. It has a search mode and a suppression mode. It simply uninstalls any software with "Uninstall" button in the interface.

I normally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to get rid of all the PUPs and browser hijackers from my computer. It is a free software designed to protect computers equipped with the Windows operating system. PCs are constantly threatened by a lot of malware that lurk on the internet and wait for the first opportunity to infiltrate your system to infect or to collect your personal information and even confidential. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops dangerous processes before they even had time to start. The Realtime Protection Module uses heuristics which monitors your system to keep it functioning.