Thread: Is there a way to prevent ddos attack

Is there a way to prevent ddos attack

DDOS were common long back, but still today they exist. I am looking for some ways through which we can prevent that. It is common with new website. Sometime a site earns a good traffic, but this ddos attack slow it down causing more problem. I am trying to locate a instant way to resolve the issue. What if a site gets slower and the attack is constant. Only changing the IP address is not helping much. I cannot just migrate my entire server. There must be some good preventive measures to resolve this thing.

Re: Is there a way to prevent ddos attack

DDOS attack mostly slow down your site by eating up the while bandwidth. So you can do one thing. If you are facing any of those attack just get some more bandwidth. Your site will start working stable like before. Just get some additional servers and try to configure them through a load balancer script. Through which the traffic can migrate easily. This is not a costly solution. The attack will get stop automatically one day. It is also good to mail your hosting provider who can look into the matter and fix it.

Re: Is there a way to prevent ddos attack

It is quiet tough to stop DDOS attack. This are usually done intentionally. You can prevent this by monitoring the network. See what is going on. Checkout for suspicious activity and then you can prevent the attack. There are ample of ways, through which you can resolve it, but at some point you might need an experts help. The attacks can be prevented in future if you are having the right security configured on your server. Lack of proper security cause such kind of attacks.