Thread: Windows 8 keeps on acquiring network address

Windows 8 keeps on acquiring network address

There is a bit issue with windows 8. It is not working well. I am having a broadband internet connection which is hooked on the a switch. The net is shared by 4 devices through lan and wifi. Now in my pc I had seen whenever I switch my laptop on it has a message, acquiring network address. What does this means and how to get rid of the same. In other pc it remains constant but in my I am getting the message again and again.

Re: Windows 8 keeps on acquiring network address

Lack of proper ip configuration cause the issue. You surely having a router or modem which is connects the internet to your switch. Go in that and enable DHCP or just verify its settings. You can also try to restart the router that will help you to resolve the problem. Go in Windows IP settings by right clicking on the network icon. You can find network and sharing enter in that. Click on network adapter and right click on your lan connection. Set the tcp/ip on default.

Can be problem with the network adapter. You can simply disable and enable it back again. That will be enough to fix the issue. For that go in network and sharing center and then from left site click on network adapter settings. Just right click on the adapter and choose disable. Then enable it back again. Now try back. If still the issue is continuous try to update your lan drivers and check back. I am quiet sure that would be enough to resolve the problem.

To run the lan properly you need some services to be working properly in the background. If they are not working then you will keep on getting in the issue. Go in start menu and click on run box and then type msconfig and hit enter on the same. Go in services and there just ensure that, following things are checked to start on boot. It is com+ event, dhcp, web browser, dns, network connection, network location awareness, rpc, server, tcp/ip and wlan.