Thread: How to get rid of directdr virus

How to get rid of directdr virus

My system is infected with a directdr virus and I am not able to get rid of the same. I had tried to clean the same a number of time but it is not working. I am quiet sure there can be some way to resolve the issue. I had kept windows firewall on and also I am using windows defender. This must be enough to remove the virus. The issue is that whenever I try to open any page I am redirected to different sites. How to get rid of this and clean the same from my pc. I need help on it.

Re: How to get rid of directdr virus

It is a nasty virus which is in your system and it is not easy to get rid of the same. First of all you are having Windows Defender only as a antivirus. You must install some good one. Install Malwarebytes in your pc and then boot your system safe mode. Run a full system scan and then check back. That will be enough to resolve the issue. You can try out different type of antivirus to find out which one is the most efficient one and removes the virus.

Redirection virus is easy to remove. You just have to find the right tool. I think Malwarebytes is enough to resolve the problem. It is right that you have to scan your pc in safe mode and that is only going to help. Without that you wont be able to get rid of that virus. Re-installing browsers will also help. Because there can be toolbars or plugins in your pc which is creating issue. Just go in the plugin section and get rid of all toolbars and addons.

This type of malware are auto run. They are triggered by own. And the most common thing they do is hijack the browser. Sometime later you will also get lots of popup adds on your screen. Here using a antivirus not enough. You have to locate the virus instances in your pc. Like any toolbar or any service which is newly installed can be the reason of the same. You have to remove those things. You can use hijackthis for the same. This is a nice scanner which gives you list of all running programs in the background.

Download and install AVZ-Antiviral-Toolkit on your system. It is a full set of security software that can help you to get rid of the virus you are facing. Through this you can find out what thing is working in the background. What are the running processes and what issue has caused. So just download this and try to locate the threat details through the same. I am quiet sure this can be enough to fix the issue. If nothing works then backup your data and format your pc.

It is a very annoying thing. It is right that it is hard to remove. And after a few days you will also get a lot of adware problem. In my case malwarebytes is able to detect that but it is not able to clean it. So to fix that I have to format my pc and I did the same. It resolved the problem. I had installed Norton in the system. To keep this thing away from your you must simply use a good antivirus from start. This will be helpful.