Thread: How to remove Conduit Malware with Microsoft Security Essentials

How to remove Conduit Malware with Microsoft Security Essentials

I am running Windows 7 on my pc with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus installed on it. My pc has been infected with the Conduit Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials is not able to pick up this malware whenever I am scanning my whole computer. Being a microsoft antivirus, I dont know why MSE is not able to remove this malware from my pc or even pick it up? It is really annoying to install more than 1 antivirus in our pc to remove such nasties.

Re: How to remove Conduit Malware with Microsoft Security Essentials

Well, I have read that conduit is usually not a malware but a platform. These kind of things gets easily installed in your pc with the useless free programs available on the internet. So, if you can pay some attention while downloading all the unwanted toolbars using conduit. You can also report this to Conduit by going to their web page. If you scan your pc through Malwarebytes which removes all kind of adwares removing conduit as well.

Conduit is not a malware but a PUP (potentially unwanted program) which gets installed with the free programs available on the internet for download without you knowing anything. You can term it as an adware or sponsorware. When ever you install anything free from the net by downloading it then at the time of installation always check to clear the default check boxes or options during the installation which usually allows the installation of the sponsor software.

Yes, it is true that Microsoft Security Essentials along with different antivirus are not able to detect and remove conduit kind of adware which is termed to be potentially unwanted software. When you will read and agree the "End User License Agreement" while installing any free software or paid software then you will get the reason why antivirus software will not remove it. But there are other adware removers like Malwarebytes that will remove these type of PUP software since their policy is different.