Thread: Trojan virus detected in the update folder of Windows 7

Trojan virus detected in the update folder of Windows 7

I am using Panda Cloud antivirus. Before that I was using MSE. I removed it because it was not working fine. And after adding Panda I updated the system. The antivirus detected Trojan in the updates folder. My all windows updates are on automatic. They download and are installed on their own. This is bit weird to find that the virus is detected in the update folder. Can I delete the files of that folder. I hope they are not important.

Re: Trojan virus detected in the update folder of Windows 7

About which update folder you are talking. Windows update are stored in software distribution located in the Windows folder inside System32. I think you are taking about some different stuff. You can delete that. You are using a antivirus so don't have to worry much. You can boot your pc in safe mode and scan your system with that. It will be enough to resolve the problem. Just keep on scanning the system.

Virus can spread from folder to folder, and you said that your old antivirus is unable to detect it. Here it is good to keep multiple antivirus in your system. Like you can leave MSE aside and with that you can install any other. I am using Bitdefender and it is a good antivirus. It works really well. I am using malwarbeytes with it which add double protection on my system. Malwarebytes is good to clean malware.

The folder which you are talking about can be associated with some third party app. There is no direct update folder. And windows update never bring virus. You have to check that properly. If you are still doubtful about your antivirus then there is one more effective way to locate and clean virus. You can create a bootable antivirus CD. Scan your pc with that. It will clean the system from scratch.