Thread: Using Avira Free Antivirus with Zone Alarm

Using Avira Free Antivirus with Zone Alarm

I want a bit advice on using Avira with Zone alarm firewall. I am using Avira from long time it works fine. My friend is having Zone Alarm firewall active in his pc. He suggested that it offer one of the best firewall support. I want some suggestion. Will this work fine. I am unable to locate any answer on the web. I will just use the firewall and for antivirus I will stick with Avira. I hope this both will be compatible.

Re: Using Avira Free Antivirus with Zone Alarm

Well it is not really recommended to use two antivirus on the same pc. Because they will not work. At the time of installation only you will get the message about the same. If you get any error while setup of ZoneAlarm then skip the installation. Do not add it and try some other tool. Avira also has a firewall and it is quiet good I think. If you are not satisfied then you can upgrade to a much better edition.

Re: Using Avira Free Antivirus with Zone Alarm

You can configure ZoneAlarm firewall and it will surely work. But for that you have to tell Avira that you are using a third party firewall. You have to stop its and then you have to add Zone alarm. For that go in Control Panel first. Then click on programs and look for program an features. There you can find Avira. Click on it and choose Change. Then there will be a wizard on the screen. Choose modify from the same. Now again click no next and you wll be on the component installation page. From here you have to uncheck firewall. Reboot your pc and install the firewall tool.