Thread: mbam.exe notification on screen after removing malwarebytes

mbam.exe notification on screen after removing malwarebytes

I am using Windows 8.1. I had upgraded from Windows 7 recently. After upgrade there was a bit issue with the system output. It does not work well. It is also slow many time. Now I had removed Malwarebytes Antimalware from my pc. After uninstalling I am getting a mbam.exe error on the screen. This popup keeps on appearing. I am quiet stuck with the problem what to do. I thought just a clean uninstall will remove it.

Re: mbam.exe notification on screen after removing malwarebytes

Looks like the software is not properly removed. It still has files left in your pc which is giving the error. You have to check your startup first. You can do that by going in the startup folder or you can check the same thing in msconfig. For that type msconfig in Start > run box and in that go in the startup section. Just remove the tick from malwarebytes and then check back. Reboot your pc and see you will not get any errors.

There is a way to remove this problem. Just download malwarebytes once again and install it in your pc. Once done then go back in Control Panel > Uninstall program. Or you can use Revo uninstaller . This is a very nice tool which is good for moving programs. So just run this tool and select malwarebytes from the same. Remove it and run a registry cleaner also.
    You can use CCleaner for the same. This will resolve the problem.

This is most probably a registry problem. The software is removed by the entries in registry still exist due to which you are getting those errors. You can use a registry cleaner only here. Just download and install CCleaner in your system. That will do the job. This tool is quiet helpful in cleaning up your system and removing unwanted files. Just run the registry cleaner from there and check back.