Thread: System got infected with Windows AntiVirus Master

System got infected with Windows AntiVirus Master

My system is infected with Windows AntiVirus Master. I was installing a few free program and this one entered in my pc. I want a bit help to get rid of this. I tried many ways to remove it but it is not working. I just keep on getting popup about virus warning. I also tried system restore, but still it is in the pc. I am using AVG free edition. It does not find the tool as a threat. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Re: System got infected with Windows AntiVirus Master

Boot your system in safe mode. Install Malwarebytes Anti-malware in your pc. It is a paid tool but you can get a trail edition. This tool is one of the best malware remover. Scan your pc with that and wait back. It will take some time for the tool to identify the threat. Once done restart your pc in normal mode and test. If it is still active then you must backup your data and format your pc completely. This will fix the issue.

Re: System got infected with Windows AntiVirus Master

This kind of fake tools are big pain to get rid of. They do a lot of changes in your system. You cannot even remove the manually. You have to use a bootable antivirus scanner. There are ample of them available. This type of antivirus scan the pc at core level where they do not need the active operating system environment. I had always seen when you can scan your pc with a bootable antivirus it is much more effective compared to regular one.