Thread: Avira detecting steam.dll as a virus

Avira detecting steam.dll as a virus

I am trying to play a few game and after few 2 minute I am getting a popup by avira. It is giving a message that steam.dll file is infected. It has a malware. I clicked on ok but again the popup appear. What if this file will be deleted. Will I be able to play the games. I am trying to skip this thing but it auto minimize the game and the popup appear on the screen. I cannot even remove it because it is a license copy.

Re: Avira detecting steam.dll as a virus

When you are playing game for the time being you can remove it. Right click on Avira and from the top remove the tick from Real time scanning. Let the firewall on. And then play. If still you get the popup then click on details. You will get a small window which will give you option to move the file to quarantine. Right click on that and choose always ignore. That's it. Then play the game back again.

Re: Avira detecting steam.dll as a virus

This type of warning appear only when you are playing pirated games. That means downloaded from torrent. Most of this games are having virus in them and they cause issue later on. If you have installed the games from torrent files then remove them. Boot your pc in safe mode and scan it with your antivirus. It will make your system more stable. There are chances that if you keep on playing the malware will spread in all files.