Thread: How to configure ftp on Seagate Central 2TB

How to configure ftp on Seagate Central 2TB

I am looking for help on configuring FTP on Seagate Central 2TB. There is enough storage in this drive. I want to hook this on ftp so that I can access my files from wherever I want. I had tried doing this through a software but it is not working. I want a more effective solution through which the drive can remain constantly active all the time. I am not able to find any proper tool for the same. How to hook the drive on ftp for remote sharing.

Re: How to configure ftp on Seagate Central 2TB

This drive already has a ftp setup in it. You have to go in the drive settings. First configure the drive on the online website of Seagate. This will allow you to modify the drive setting from any place. From here you can find ftp software. This will be more easier for you to manage. If you use any third party tool then you have to run to in-order to access files. It will not work directly. And if you had configured that through Seagate then it will be on every time.

Re: How to configure ftp on Seagate Central 2TB

You can do that by creating a account in dyndns.com. You have to configure the drive here. You can setup the drive on Dynamic IP. The process might be long but it is good enough to give you effective output. Windows 7 also comes with ftp support. You can simply configure a partition or storage space to access that from remote. Go in Start > Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows Features On or Off > Internet Information Services > FTP Server > On. Once done you will get all the settings to configure it.