Thread: 4TB network storage solution for small office

4TB network storage solution for small office

I am planing to add a new Network Storage solution to my office. First there were only 3 pc but now there are around 8 pc and all of them use their own hard drive for storing file. In evening I copy the data from each system in a pen drive and move it on the 8th pc which is separate. Right-now we have only two copy of data. I want some good network storage solution that can provide me automated backup.

Re: 4TB network storage solution for small office

You don't really have to buy a separate device. You can use your existing pc for the same. All you can do is add a 1TB or 2GB hard drive in that and share it on the network. Tell all people to copy files in that before leaving. In this way your backup will be continuous and you have recent copies. It is a time saving idea. A 2TB hard drive is cheap and you just need your pc to be running while copying files.

Each of this pc are having 160GB drive. Among which 60GB is consumed by the data. If each day people start copying them then it will take hours. I only copy files which are modified. But for other they have to copy everything. It is very slow process. I want some way through which automatically only those files are moved which is modified without touching the un-edited files.

For that you have to use teracopy. This is a file copy software. When you copy the entire folder through this it will ask you what to do with existing file. You can click on copy only modified file and done. It will be done within minutes. Teracopy is also a manual process. You have to copy and paste manually and you can tell people to take around 10 to 20 minutes at the end for backup. It is also easy.

You can go with nas. If you go with a single hard drive and fit that in a pc then it will remain undetected which again will cause the problem.So the best thing you can do is go for a NAS Storage. It is more effective and easy to use. You just have to configure the nas drive on your network and done. The setup is very easy. There are ample of easy to nas device available on the web. Just buy any one of them.