Thread: Windows defender update fail on Windows 8.1

Windows defender update fail on Windows 8.1

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 a new problem started in my system. I am not able to update Windows Defender. I am getting pending update notification but it is not working. I am not using any other antivirus because it slow down the system. I want a bit help here through which I can simply fix this problem. Because I cannot put the old Windows 8 backup. I am not having the dvd for the same. Can anyone help.

Re: Windows defender update fail on Windows 8.1

You can try installing MSE in your system. Microsoft Security Essential is a good protection software by Microsoft and it is really free. You done have to pay for that. Just download that and done. It is very light and it will keep your system protected from different malware and antivirus. If you are using internet on your system then it is recommended to add a good security software for overall protection.

I am using AVG and it works really well. I am using MSE and AVG both in Windows 8.1. The output is quiet great here and there is no performance issue. It is necessary that you must use a good antivirus which has latest features and which is quiet popular also. Buying a license simply add more features, but there are various free edition that comes with smart features. Do not attempt to use your system without antivirus.

Windows Defender is not quiet effective compared to free antivirus in the market. I am sure you will get some free internet security pack which has lots of new features. You can try them. Like Emsisoft Internet Security Pack. It comes for free and it is quiet effective for protecting your system from various malware. You can also with AVIRA or Bitdefender. There are ample of antivirus on the web that can help.