Thread: How to get rid of PortaldoSites?

How to get rid of PortaldoSites?

My computer was all clean from any viruses or malwares because I used to turn on all the Realtime protector scanning running in the background with the Microsoft Security Essentials. Yesterday one of my cousin came and installed a game in my pc and for that the Realtime scanner was continuously deleting some installed game files in my pc from the DVD. Later on, he went on to some random website and got infected with the PortaldoSites hijacker. Now I am wondering how do I remove this nasty so that I can get rid of it from my pc? Thanks

Re: How to get rid of PortaldoSites?

First of all you will have to uninstall everything that your cousin has installed in the last days from Control Panel which might include some shareware or freeware software. After that open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Manage Add-ons. Now click on Toolbars and Extensions and remove everything related to Portaldosites website from the list. Now go to Search Providers and then select Search Engine you used before and make it default search provider. Also select Web Search and then click Disable Suggestions for disabling it.

If you are using Firefox browser then open it first and go to Tools > Addons. After that select Extensions > Portaldosites.com and click uninstall. Now go to Tools > Options and finally reset the homepage of your browser and change it to blank. For Google Chrome browser, click on the icon "Customize and control Google Chrome" and then go to Options. Now select Basic Options and change Google chrome Homepage to google.com or blank and then click Manage Search Engines and then select Google and make it your Default Search Engine.

There are also various tools that can remove the hijackers from your computer, one such is called AdwCleaner. It is a utility that scans your computer to get rid of malicious or unwanted software like adware or toolbars. After analyzing your system, AdwCleaner offers options to delete the software through a list. Suppression mode is very easy to access since a single delete button is available. Similarly, to remove this software, just click on "Uninstall".