Thread: No Network driver after re-installing Windows 7

No Network driver after re-installing Windows 7

I had formatted my pc and installed Windows 7 on the same. It was having Windows Vista before. There was bit performance issue so my friend recommended me to install Windows 7. After that I am not able to use internet. There is no network icon on the system tray. I had installed the drivers using motherboard disc but still it is not working. Can anyone help me to fix this issue. Should I format once again.

Re: No Network driver after re-installing Windows 7

Look like missing driver. There are chances that the driver that you had in your cd is not proper. It might damage duet o which you are facing problem. You can find those drivers only. all you have to do is visit the official website of your motherboard manufacturer and you can get the right drivers. Just download them and install it. I think that will be enough to fix the issue.

You will have to manually install the driver and then only the lan adapter will work. As mentioned above you have to locate the drivers on the web. Always keep a backup of your old drivers. You are installing Vista Drivers on your Windows 7 system due to which it is not working. You need the right driver version. That will be enough to fix the issue. If you can provide the motherboard model then I can provide you the driver link.

Anyhow you will need internet connection to get drivers. Go in Device Manager and see what all drivers are pending. If you are not aware about the motherboard model then you can find that through a third party tool called as CPUZ. This tool will give you details information about your system hardware. Type the model on Google and you will get the required drivers.