Thread: is cltmng.exe virus?

is cltmng.exe virus?

I am running Windows 7 on my pc along with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software. I noticed that there was a process called 'cltmng.exe' running the background? I looked on the internet for this file but no where I got any information. So, can anyone tell me whether this is a virus or something and if it is then can I remove it with the MSE installed in my machine? Thanks

Re: is cltmng.exe virus?

You can try to download MalwareBytes Antimalware software and install it in your pc to remove cltmng.exe file which is considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in your computer. This type of files normally come with free downloads of software and while you are installing any software then you need to uncheck this software which come in bundle. Just scan with Malwarebytes antivirus to remove this PUP installed in your machine.

You can also manually clean that file in your Windows 7 machine. To do that, open Task Manager and end processes for CLTMNG.EXE, CLTMNGSVC.EXE and CLTMNGUI.EXE. Also remove the SearchProtect folder from c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local and AppData\roaming and restart your browser and reset its settings. Also run regedit and remove SearchProtect settings in the local machine and for the current user.

You can also download a tool called AdwCleaner, by searching it on google, which silently removes a wide range of programs that have a negative impact on the security and performance of your system. AdwCleaner is a reliable removal tool for adware, toolbars and potentially unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is a tool that removes, Adware (ads software), PUP / LPI (potentially unwanted program), Toolbars, browser hijacking.