Thread: nengine.dll could not found?

nengine.dll could not found?

I am running Windows 7 on my pc from last 2 years or so and it was working fine without any issues. But from yesterday I started getting some error message that states the below:
    "There was problem starting C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll. The specified module could not be found"

Does anyone know how do I fix this issue? Thanks

Re: nengine.dll could not found?

The problem that you are facing is usually caused by a missing file which is left over from an uninstall of Mobisearch or some of the adwares residing in your pc. The best way to fix this problem is to download a tool called Autorun from this link - Autoruns for Windows. Run this tool as an administrator and uncheck the box next to the items that show as missing and you will nocie an entry for the .dll which is giving the error.

teenQ

If the above doesnt work then try to perform a clean boot in your pc and see if that helps. To do that follow the below steps:
    1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
    3. Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should type the password or provide confirmation.
    4. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

If you want some more information then go to this website - [url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Have you installed any software called Mobogenie or 'NewNext Helper Engine' , if yes, then try to uninstall it and see if that works. First click on Start and then go to Control Panel and then click on Uninstall a Program to open it. Now in the given list search for Mobogenie or 'NewNext Helper Engine' and once you find it then remove it immediately from your pc.