Thread: Windows 8 spyware protection through MSE

Windows 8 spyware protection through MSE

Does MSE is good enough for keeping my system protected with spyware and malware. I am taking about Windows 8 system here. I do not want to install any third party security tool if MSE can handle all the virus issues. I had newly upgraded my system to Windows 8 from 7. Before I was using Norton which made by pc extremely slow. Now the 1 year version is expired and Windows 8 is working faster. I got MSE in it.

Re: Windows 8 spyware protection through MSE

MSE is not a complete security. It can be good for a pc level protection. But if you need better protection then you have to go for a internet security pack. I think AVG will be good for you. You must atleast keep a free internet security package in your system. This will add extra benefits in protecting your pc. MSE will be not able to protect your system from other online threats.

Along MSE there must be something more. I think Malwarebytes Anti-malware will be the best one. This is a powerful anti-malware tool that will protect your system from various threats. It is one of the best antimalware available. I am using this from really long time and I am not facing any issue with it. You can test this by installing a trail edition and see what the output. If it makes your system slow then you can skip it.

MSE is good if you are not going to use internet. For office or home pc. But if your internet connection will remain active 24x7 on this then you need
    a good internet security package. There are various threats which can easily enter your pc if you are not having a powerful security tool. You can go with Avira, Avast, etc. This are some of the best antivirus available. You can start from a free edition and upgrade to full if needed.