Thread: Windows Defender turn off on its own

Windows Defender turn off on its own

I am using only Windows defender in my pc. There is no other antivirus. I thought it will be lightweight and work fine. If I add any third party antivirus then it will make my system perform slower. But from last couple of days I had found a new issue. Windows Defender turns off on its own. It is disabled. Is there a virus in my pc which is causing this problem. What can I do to fix the problem.

Re: Windows Defender turn off on its own

Can be some issue with Defender. Try to run windows update and see what output you are getting. There are chances that after running proper update the issue will be resolved. If you are not satisfied with Defender then just add MSE in your system or any free edition antivirus. Like AVG. It is light and keep your system secured from various threats.

I am using a free edition of AVIRA. It is quiet good for day to day usage. The antivirus has is also no system resources. It is not heavy and has limited features. If you need more advance protection then you can simply go ahead with the pro edition. But I think the free edition will be quiet enough for day to day usage. Just add this and leave defender aside.

If you want to use defender only then run system restore. This will put the old working settings back. I did this always whenever there is a problem with system output. System restore is simple and fast. I also recommend you to go with a third party light weight antivirus. Just do not trust the basic malware protection only. Your system is not 100% secure.