Thread: How to sync files of two different location

How to sync files of two different location

In Windows XP there was a feature called as briefcase. One can put files in that and sync that with others. Now in Windows 7 I am unable to find that thing. I want to sync folders of different location. I have many pc on the lan and a common folder is shared which has active work schedule. After modifying that I have to copy that again and again each time by going in the network location. I want a automated process of that.

Re: How to sync files of two different location

You can use Windows 7 Sync Center. You can create a folder in that and you can then apply the sync settings. It is quiet easy. You have to enable sync enter first and right click on any folder and choose sync. In this way you get the latest updated files on it. It is very easy and simple to manage. You can also do more things through that. I will recommend you to checkout a video on the same on YouTube.

I am using Synctoy. This tool is provided by Microsoft and it offer you two way syncing of folders. You can download this from the official website. Download this and install it in your pc. And then launch the same. You can add two different location on the same. And then pair them. That's it. Your job is one. To update just launch the tool and click on the sync button.

Instead of using any third party application why don't you just map the drive. You just have to right click on that folder and choose map drive. The location will appear in My computer. You can open that instantly and directly work on the file. I do this for many network location. This makes my job much more easier. There is no need to install any third party applications on the same.