Thread: What is the benefit of Game Mode in antivirus

What is the benefit of Game Mode in antivirus

I went online to buy a antivirus and I had seen many of them. I had seen different cost of antivirus which has Game mode in them. What does this game mode means and for what it is used. I play a huge amount of games and does I need a antivirus which has a game mode in it. Does this mode protects the games from virus or from security stuff. Does it block pirated games also. I want a bit information on the same. And then on that basis I will go ahead with purchase.

Re: What is the benefit of Game Mode in antivirus

I do not think this is something special. The antivirus developers are just adding some flashy stuff in the antivirus to sell it. That's it. You must try to find the antivirus which is good for your system and protect it from all threats.

I think today almost all popular antivirus comes with game mode. This mode is bit different compared to what you get in the regular antivirus. And this thing is added for the gamers. A number of time when you play games you get a message on your screen from the firewall. The firewall either ask your permission to allow access or it will blindly block it. This happen commonly to the multiplayer gaming. When you enable game mode the firewall does block any incoming or outgoing connection while playing games. And on the other hand it also protect your system. It is also found that antivirus at the time of playing games cause performance problem. And this can be resolved when you disable it. It totally depend on you to go ahead with the game mode antivirus or not.

I am using Norton and each time when I try to play the antivirus just blocks my connection. So I block it whenever I play games. This is the only way to keep the game. Once the antivirus expires I am going to switch to avg.