Thread: Driver Performer un-installation fails on Windows 8

Driver Performer un-installation fails on Windows 8

My brother got a popup of Driver Performer and he installed it. I searched on web about that and found that it is some kind of spyware. Now I am not able to remove the same. I want some help to get rid of it. I am using AVG which does not detect any threat. So will it be good to leave the same as it is. Is there any other antivirus which is capable of detecting this thing and remove it s file from the system. I had tried using System restore. But it does not look this is going to help much. I want to completely wipe out its all files from my system.

Re: Driver Performer un-installation fails on Windows 8

Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware in your system. And boot your system in safe mode. Then run a full system scan. The tool is good for removing malwares and also very effective in cleaning your system. Just run the tool and delete the files if any detected.

Did you tried to find the same in Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Go in that and look for Driver Performer. You can simply uninstall it. If you are not able to locate it then you will need a advance uninstaller software. You can download that from web. There are many good uninstaller available with set of advance features. Like Revo Uninstaller. This tool will scan your system and will give you smart way to remove different software's. System restore is not going to help much if there is a virus issue. Just remove the tool and then scan your system with a good antivirus. This would be better. If nothing works then the only option left is to re-install windows back. This kind of threats will keep on spreading.

Try a cloud based antivirus scanner. There are many free available. You can install them in your system and it will scan your system through cloud based updates. A number of time antivirus fails to find anything due to damage or corrupt virus definition files.