Thread: Which 300mbs router is good for video streaming on a lan network

Which 300mbs router is good for video streaming on a lan network

I need a 300mbs router. I can find many on web but not able to decide which one is good. 2 months I had bought one from TP-Link. That was a waste of money. The router does work properly in terms of video streaming. I want it for sharing media content on different devices. I need one with modem, not without that. So that I can also share the internet connection. This time please recommend me the one which is good for multimedia. Not for internet only.

Re: Which 300mbs router is good for video streaming on a lan network

You will get a poor router if you go for a cheap quality. You must try buying a bit better one. There are many models by D-Link. You can buy from it. D-Link has a good reputation in terms of router and modem.

If you are ready to spend around Rs.4000 then Belkin Share Modem is the best one. This router comes with modem in it and it is a plug and play device. You have to do minimum configuration to use it. Along with plug and play it also has many smart features to use. Like print genie. It is a 2.4Ghz router good enough for a entire room. 300mbps is more than enough for media streaming. You need a router that can give constant connection. If this drops then there will be buffering issue. It has a single usb port with 4 lan ports. The reason behind constant connectivity is Dual-Plane Antenna. The cost is in budget. And it is ideally designed for sharing huge files on the network. I will recommend you to test this once. The router has fast output and does not slow down your file sharing stuff. You can create a media server and use it.

If you need constant connectivity then you can go with Cisco Linksys X2000. It is costly but good enough to give you proper coverage. It comes around Rs.7500. It offer you fast transfer speed with reliable coverage. It works really well.

For media content any router that dual band support. So that you can get dual support when it comes to streaming. A single band router might not give you good streaming output when it comes to long range support.

Most of the routers have standard range. WD MyNet N900 is another good router that is capable of giving you a more bigger range. This router offers you dual band frequency. You can use a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network on the same. Compare to 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz is more stronger and better. You get more range in the same. Through dual antenna you can simple get constant connectivity and enjoy smooth output. File transfer is also faster. For a regular router the speed is limited. You cannot just push to very long. It is essential that you must go with a good router. I am going to link the router review to this thread. This will give you more information on your problem. Check out the linked review and it will give you more detail on the complete specification and features. The review also has information on the router range through which you can enjoy good wifi connectivity.

Western Digital My Net N900 Wi-Fi Router

If you need the best model then you have to pay a good amount. I am going to recommend you some models. They are amazing and good enough for streaming good media content on multiple devices. You have to ensure that the router which you are using is not very far away. The more you move ahead the more slower it will be. The best one among all is Asus RT-N66U. This router comes with 3 antennas. You get nice range through this and it is constant. There is no drop or connectivity failure. The configuration is also very simple. The router dual band support. You get option to choose from 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz. The router works really nice and has no performance problem. This also has a very nice range. You can use the same from long distance also. The router is termed as one of the best for media streaming purpose.

TP-LINK 300 Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ is a high performance wireless Modem. I have this in my office. It offer a very high range and easy setup option. But it is costly. The cost is around Rs.6400.