Thread: Is it possible to protect a webcam video streaming

Is it possible to protect a webcam video streaming

I am using a web camera to chat with my friends. I have some doubts on live video streaming. I want to know, is it possible to hack this live video streaming. Can anyone see my web camera without notifying me. I want some help to protect the video streaming. What are the security solution available through which I can protect my web camera video. I also share a lots of live photos. Hope this are safe enough. I am using it on Facebook and sometime share image link through tinypic.

Re: Is it possible to protect a webcam video streaming

For image sharing do not share it any popular image sharing website. You can use Picasa for that. There is a option available to block the images and you can share it through url and then remove it when not required.

Video streaming never attracted attention in terms of security. But text chatting do. Because there can be keyloggers type of thing that can record your each and every keystroke. Video streaming is different here. Here video data is transferred between two points and I do not really think that can be visible to anyone else. Because you are directly streaming a video from some others web cam. Privacy is concerned when you upload your videos on YouTube and share with your friends. Those videos are easily leaked. Anyone can download them and share. In online streaming also this can happen if someone on the other side is recording the videos. Video streaming is only safe if you follow safe practicing. Corporates uses their own private network which is secure and does not give all access. But a regular user cannot afford the same.

Don't worry about the same. Videos are not leaked so easily. Try not to do anything weird on the webcam. Your friend can record and share it with other. Streamed videos are never saved on the system.

There is very few information mentioned on the web about the same. It is not possible that the web camera that you are using is completely secure. There are chances that someone is using without your knowledge. Here once the person has control on the hardware he can peep in your private life. There are some tools which can do the same. So in my case whenever I am not using the camera I disconnect the usb connection. And when I need I connect and turn it on. It is complicated to access the webcam live streaming. But it is possible to use it from remote location. In laptop we can camera commonly attached to the same. Sometime the vulnerability comes in the camera itself. So you have to check the model on the web before buying.

Use a good antivirus and enable firewall. That's all. This two things are good enough to protect your system for hacks. Don't go with limited free edition. Instead of that buy a powerful complete security package. This would be more secure.

I also recommend you Amazon Prime. There is Google TV also, but compare to all Amazon prime is more better. You can just go on the official website of that and find out the shows and detail that it offer. You can then go ahead with the same. The charges are similar to what you are paying others. I found the shows and movies on Amazon Prime more better compare to others. It is updated and keeps on offering new stuff. Online videos straming is only provided by a few set of manufacturesr. Someo f th em only give you the most recentl shows on the same. And I think above all Amazon prime looks amazing. I will recommend you to go for the same.

Try not to use on online video chat site. There are many. You must avoid them. Once they go your webcam details it is easy to peep on you. Use only good chat messenger like Yahoo or Skype.