Thread: Which tool is good to access all lan pc through remote connection

Which tool is good to access all lan pc through remote connection

I need a tool through which I can access any pc on the network through remote connection. I am using the default windows remote desktop. Sometime it works and sometime it does not. When I try to access some pc through IP I am getting wrong address error. So I need a good tool through which I can simply access all the pc on the network and get a continuous connectivity.

Re: Which tool is good to access all lan pc through remote connection

You need a ip scanner. It happens sometime when pc are restarted the ip address changes. Due to which you are getting error. So just get a ip scanner and always get a fresh list of all system ip on your network. You can use that to connect remotely.

Try UltraVNC. This is one of the best tool that can allow you to access all the system in the network. It is also simple to use. The benefit of having this tool is that you can use it on lan and on internet also. The tool is very easy to use and has simple settings. You can control the pc. You have to install the software on each and every system on the network. Once connected you don't have to keep on re-modifying the settings. This kind of tool ideally work well when there is a need ore remote help. The tool also offer you some important feature of adding different add-on and enjoy more. UltraVNC works on all system and remain active all the time. It also has important security features. You can configure a secure connection. Along with this it also has a file transfer option. You can transfer or take file from any system. So just try this tool it is quiet effective.

I am using Teamviewer. It works on internet and it is good if you have to access a remote computer. The tool is simple and lightweight. For lan I am not really sure whether it works or not.

Teamviewer is slow. It relies on the internet connection. If you have a good speed then it will work fine, but if you are on a poor connection then it will not work. There is one more tool which you can use. It is called as Aeroadmin. This is a free tool that allow you to remotely control any device through your lan. It also has a set of useful features you can use up. Being a free tool you don't have to buy it. The tool has a teamveiwer type of interface. It is very basic and fast in usage. And on lan it works really fast. I will recommend you test the same once. This will surely help you to get the kind of access you are looking for. It is a open source software due to which it is free. You will have to install this on each and every client to get a proper access. It is also loaded with a bit security solution like data encryption. If you want a secure connection then you can go ahead with the same.

Lan access is quiet simple. Ultravnc is a good tool for that. Just add the client in that and use the same for managing different systems. It works really fine and does not has issue with connectivity. It does not rely on your network settings.

This kind of tools comes under networking. There are some paid tools that comes with advance features and worth to use for accessing remote desktop. If you need maximum security in this then you can go ahead with creating your own vpn server. VPN is a nice way of creating a secure tunnel and access data. You can also connect to any system and configure it. It is a bit complicated and lengthy process but very effective. To cut time you can go with a third party vpn software. You can find ample of them on web. Download any one of them and use them for configuring remote connection on your lan network. It is secure. Windows itself has a support for vpn.

Secure remote connection is always a issue. There are some tools but are not so easy to manage. I had seen ample of tools and tested them. But sometime they fail to work. They won't give you active connection if settings are wrong. Stick with the default remote connection tab. That is more better.